No, I don’t need any fancy music or big ballroom. I don’t care if there are ten or a hundred or just my hubby and me, if a good song is played on my record player or cd player, I am energized to move. I haven’t done any dance lessons and although I would love to learn Irish dancing, right now, I just have my own moves!
Often on weekends or holiday, in particular Easter and Christmas or our anniversary I like to waltz around our kitchen, when the mood strikes. I enjoy it immensely and just as much as if a band was playing. In fact sometimes it is much nicer because the singers and songs are the original artists and in my mind, you can’t get much better than that!
When I visited Barrie recently, my sister and her spouse danced around the living room and it was amazing to watch! In the end I had to get up for a few steps all by my lonesome. To which my sister Helen stared and said “I didn’t realize you can dance!” Now tell me that was a compliment… It really was! I have my own way of dancing, as does everyone else and music just gets one’s feet a tapping and one’s body a swaying to the rhythm.
If I get her permission and his permission, I will post some of the cutest dance moves! For now, I will just insert photos of strangers! Hope you enjoy.
- Colorful and Fun Irish Dancing (fox4kc.com)
- Style of the week – Irish Dance (dancingdowntheave.wordpress.com)
- Dancing (growinggutsy.wordpress.com)
- Learn Traditional Irish Dancing (fox2now.com)
- 15-year-old Irish step dancing world champion (boston.com)
- The next Riverdance? Victory for Irish troupe in dance show (Video) (thedailyedge.thejournal.ie)
- Ireland: Swallow Tail Jig (jobblog2011.wordpress.com)