I just sent an email to a good friend of mine and said …I don’t need drugs, just water. Of course, added to sunshine and great family and friends! I can even suffer fog if I have to, but the water and people, can’t do without. Fish and chips once in a while won’t kill me either! (Had to put that in, for all those of you who know my voracious appetite!)
Yes, fish and chips did come to my mind, after the water, to be honest, as I’ve been searching for the best fish and chips in Newfoundland for quite some time. No, it’s not Ches’s Fish and Chips I’m after. I’ve been there at least a half dozen times but no luck in getting deep fried fish that tastes as good as hubby’s! He knows the best fish. He should as he was a fisherman for forty years, and he uses new fat and a very clean deep fryer. But he only deep fries once every three years, if I’m lucky! I think he imagines that one or two pieces of deep fried fish is going to clog up my arteries in an hour and I’ll flop down with a heart attack or stroke. So I’m left craving the taste of good fish and chips from some deep fryer that might have month old grease and leavings of many fish and chips!
So I’ve offered two friends boiled cod from the Food Fishery gains, but so far no takers! Yes, I can compromise! Water instead of fat! Though I’m sure it doesn’t make one iota difference in the measurement of my waistline! Hope your day is enjoyable wherever you are.
- It Was Halibut – What Would You Do? (1fatgirlshrinking.wordpress.com)
- Where is the best fish and chip place in New Zealand? (gorentals.co.nz)
- Best Fish and Chips in Seattle (seattle.cbslocal.com)
- Fish and Chips (culinaryengineering.me)
- Making The Best Ever English Chips (tonymarquis.wordpress.com)
- Order Up: Where to Get Fish n’ Chips in Portland (redtri.com)
- London Olympics: You’re Doing it Wrong (bigsoccer.com)
- Authentic Fish & Chips (thisamericanbite.com)
- £800 fish ‘n’ chips anyone? World’s most expensive fish caught in China (thesun.co.uk)
- All patriotic about food: fish & chips (thisislemonade.wordpress.com)